I obsessively continue to work on my models for my web comic / animation project ‘Jed and Dean’. I exaggerated the body forms to be more cartoon like. I wanted them to look more like funny animals and less like petting zoo people, so I removed the pants from the models and made the lower portion animal like (a common design for funny animals). Made custom clothes for both characters, there is still some errors in the clothes but I will tweak them out eventually. Dean’s legs and hip need some tweaking. Jed’s collar needs minor repairs. I’ve also started two extra characters. Meho the gryphon and Maggie the dragon, they also need some more tweaking. Since realism is not what I’m aiming at, the models will mostly remain gradient shaded with few textures. Dean and Jed are are at a state where I can start making comics but I haven’t decided if I would be toon shading them (only if I can find a good shader), drawing by hand and using them as reference models, or just using them as-is. I also will do some animation experiments before event attempting a short.
Created in Carrara (figures, and accessories) , Hexagon (figures and clothing) and Daz Studio (posing and attaching clothing to figures, taking figures and morphing it into the model)
Time spent so far: Around 30+ hours.