A experimental painting of my dragon Alex. I wanted to fuse more lizard like qualities into him. I might of added too much. I spent too much time revising this painting over and over. I’m on the fence if I like the redesign or not. I started this with no prelim sketches. Bad move. This is my first painting using Manga Studio 5, so that is probably another reason I spent longer on it. I’ve used MS4 in the past but MS5 is amazing and has the same photoshop tools I NEED to use and are important in my workflow like masking, selection tools, and transform tools. I hope that it will also let you save tool presets but I haven’t found it yet. I MIGHT just be able to leave Photoshop for good. CC you later Adobe 🙂
Update: Added more atmosphere, made the monster in the back larger. Fixed the back leg. Self Critique: the monster needs more work, not sure ff the lighting is %100 correct everywhere on the armor.
With this painting I discovered a uncanny. Painting and smudging at the same time works well with armor and cloth. It’s too late to self critique. I write one tomorrow Painted in Photoshop. Time spent: 50 minutes. + 15 for some fixes