Finally, its done after 10-12 hours of work. A commissioned piece forJDSAIDSO. It’s based on a dream where he was a brown lucario in Super Smash Bros. I was a charizard in his dream (I didn’t do much). He was able to easily defeat the other fighters, except one; Luigi. The smiling plumber was immune to his attacks and laughed at him repeatedly.
I finally finished the painting. About 7 hours of work. For time sake when creating the model, I should make the character symmetrical so the tentacle hands where replaced with claws. I feel this is one of my best concept paintings so for. It’s going to be fun sculpting the model. Since this is the only character in the game, more time can be spent on him.
He will only need 2 animations
Flapping his wings
Attacking the Player
I decided to revisit this painting I did for a client a couple weeks ago. I didn’t want to paint another dragon but I wanted to experiment with creating better scale and horn textures. This is probably the best dragon painting I have done so far. This will be the final dragon painting for this month unless I get commissioned from a client.
yes! I have finally completed this painting, after working on and of on it for two months. I finished cleaning up the lines, played around with the colors, and I am done (I think). Tell me what you think. I spent at least 12-13 hours on this painting. I learned allot about the importance to experiment, create and destroy parts of the painting , and to have a more playful attitude when painting. It’s so important not to get tight when painting. best to start loose and build on the picture instead of worrying about everything being perfect. I made it to 102 daily paintings!
Here is my painting of a allosaurus trapped in a jar. I added color, a simple red and blue diad. The Back and white version is here https://maugryph.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/traped-in-a-jar-still-life-finale-3-bw.jpg. Let me know what you think of the paining.
Yay! I finally finished this painting! I learn allot about balancing the color, and taking a still life study and upgrading it to a finished illustration that uses elements from my imagination. A triad color scheme was used for this. I am very happy with how the dragon came out. The part of the painting I had the most trouble was with the lid, oddly enough. rendering the dragon and the jar was a blast. If your wondering what ‘wyrm’ means, it is a old English word for dragon. I have a cropped version as well. I felt previous versions had too much open unactivated space. However I kept both versions because I couldn’t make up my mind. The other version is here https://maugryph.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/still-life-dragon-toy-stuck-in-jar-9-crop-test.jpg Which version of this painting do you like better? What do you think of this painting? Painted from scratch using Photoshop and a drawing tablet. 10 hours? I lost count.
After a little under 5 hours, I have finally finished this painting. My black and white still life project is completed. For one month I painted 12 still life paintings. I clocked in a total 22 hour painting these. I my goal was ten still life paintings in one month, I went two beyond my quota :). I felt I have jumped a substantial hurdle in my painting, and that was details and refinement. I will continue to paint a still life or two a week to keep the skills I’ve learned sharp and with hopes that I will learn even more. Let me know what you think of the final painting. Any comments and critiques are welcome. Thank you for bearing with me for the last 4 days with this painting. I have a painting to put in my portfolio.
Here is a picture of the progress I made to paint this: