Yay! I finally finished this painting! I learn allot about balancing the color, and taking a still life study and upgrading it to a finished illustration that uses elements from my imagination. A triad color scheme was used for this. I am very happy with how the dragon came out. The part of the painting I had the most trouble was with the lid, oddly enough. rendering the dragon and the jar was a blast. If your wondering what ‘wyrm’ means, it is a old English word for dragon. I have a cropped version as well. I felt previous versions had too much open unactivated space. However I kept both versions because I couldn’t make up my mind. The other version is here https://maugryph.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/still-life-dragon-toy-stuck-in-jar-9-crop-test.jpg Which version of this painting do you like better? What do you think of this painting? Painted from scratch using Photoshop and a drawing tablet. 10 hours? I lost count.
After a little under 5 hours, I have finally finished this painting. My black and white still life project is completed. For one month I painted 12 still life paintings. I clocked in a total 22 hour painting these. I my goal was ten still life paintings in one month, I went two beyond my quota :). I felt I have jumped a substantial hurdle in my painting, and that was details and refinement. I will continue to paint a still life or two a week to keep the skills I’ve learned sharp and with hopes that I will learn even more. Let me know what you think of the final painting. Any comments and critiques are welcome. Thank you for bearing with me for the last 4 days with this painting. I have a painting to put in my portfolio.
Here is a picture of the progress I made to paint this: