3d modeling, 3d printing, art

Spaceship pen holder for a 3d printer.

A design I made that is not only a spaceship but a fully function pen holder. Granted it could only hold 4 pens but I’m sure those pens would count.

It will be printed on a 3d printer soon. I will upload images when it’s finished. The model reated in 123d Design.

penholder-spaceship

3d modeling, fanart, pokemon, sculptures, sketches

3d Sculpture 2-3: Dragonite Dude

More daily sculpture practice.  Dorky dragonite.

I think dragonite looks like charizard’s  shy brother. So out of boredom, I made a hybrid. The designs of these two characters are not too off.

charinite-dude

art, concept art, daily painting, fantasy, monsters

Wyvern Hero Concept Art (Monster 22) (Project Phoenix)

wyvern-concept-mid-painting-attempt2-pose-altered

This Wyvern will be the ‘character player’ of my future game: Code named “Project Phoenix”

I’ve come to the conclusion that I do my best work when a project is in mind. I will be making a very short 3d shooter similar to games like Gradius and Salamander. I’m literally ‘killing three birds with one stone’ by incorporating models I will be making as homework for my 3d classes into the models and props for the game. And since the baddies will also be monsters, I can finish my monster project with my concept art!

After the game is finished, I will make a demo reel showcasing the gameplay, models, and concept art of my last two games.

Anyways I’ve been busy with art commissions as of late, so I haven’t been able to update my blog as much as I liked. I should be able to upload them shortly.

3d model, 3d modeling, alptraum, art, creatures, indie games, leviathan, monsters

Monster Revised (Leviathan Game)

scorpian monster with claws and death

Update: After inserting the monster into the game, he was a bit too hard to see, so I went back to his purple coloring.

If you like to rotate this 3d model at all angles, you can view it on p3d.in : https://p3d.in/Cv7rb

I have revised the monster a third time. When inserting the monster into the game, the bright colors didn’t match the atmosphere of the game. I added some more clamps and gave him a poisonous stinger. This is the benefit of modular design. It took only an hour and a half to implement these changes. The only disadvantage of modular design is hiding the seams where the polygons connect. That’s where using a singular mesh has it’s advantage, but just try to add more polygons to a mesh that has already has uvs. It’s a nightmare.

3d modeling, alptraum, art, artwork, game art, indie games, level design, leviathan, programming

Leviathan Game – Completed Buildings and First Island WIP

Screenshot 2015-08-02 00.18.10

Although I haven’t been able to post for the past few days, I have been very busy on the Leviathan game. The two main buildings have been completed. I have the main layout completed for the island. Now what’s left is some polish. There still is some scripting and animation to do. I composed the game music which is more atmospheric then melodic.  I need to get it done by the 6th so I can submit it and promote it a little. It’s been a busy two weeks. I’m praying I can complete this by the deadline.

3d modeling, alptraum, art, indie game, leviathan, monsters, project

The Monster of Leviathan – Final Version

Monster3

Click on the image above to see the 3d model in real-time!

It’s finished. The low poly model is ready. The most worrisome part of the project is finished. The textures are completed and the character is completely rigged. He is ready to be popped into the game.

You might noticed from previous iterations that I changed his colors from a purple to a dark red. Added marks like patterns on his skin to give him have a more tribal look. It also makes him look a little more intimidating. ( I have some other color variations that can be swapped in and out)

You don’t know how many times I wanted to sculpt the mesh and make ramp and normal maps but I came to the realization that conflict with the style and the other props in the game.

3d modeling, alptraum, art, game dev, monsters

The Monster – Textured Model (WIP)

monster video game model

The monster is getting there, I just need to clean up some texture spots. I made the creature modular so parts can be added and removed with ease. I did this so if I wanted to expand the game afterwards, I can make monster variations. A similar idea for the building will be used. I spent about ten hours to twelve on the model.

It’s ready to be animated. I did some tests and was successful in getting my animated monster into the game engine:

Screenshot-2015-07-21-18.43

I know that doesn’t sound impressive, but took me a couple hours due to an issue with the engine reading the files from my modeling software. However the same model file popped into Unity with ease. Go figure.

Here are some more screenshots: