3d model, buildings, minecraft, Uncategorized

Temple of Shipwor (3d Blocky Model)

render-temple-2

I was playing a lot of Minecraft a couple weeks ago and then decided to make a blocky style temple inspired by the end cities. Eventually I gave in and and added angles. Forgive me Notch as I have sinned from the way of the block and are no longer hip. I used Blender to make and render the model.

3d modeling, Project Night, Uncategorized

Wall and prop models for Project Night

Both are WIP, the textures on the pots and rocks might changes. Including the floor/ceiling models (not shown) I’ve spent over 20 hrs on the models so far. I was hoping to knock out a level in a week but getting a new job and doing freelance work, my time is spent.

3d modeling, art, artwork, fanart, pokemon

Zekrom and Son v2.0

father-kissing-his-child-v2

After looking over the model I’ve decided to change some things. I removed the father’s hair and changed the son’s shirt to red. I plan on making a very short animation involving these two characters. The focus is the bond between a father and his son… and make it as cute as possible. It’s a tribute to my own dad. I will start on it.. after I finish the penguin animation, that is.

3d modeling, art, artist, indies games, project phx

Wyvern Player Character 3d Model WIP (Project Phx)

wyvern-hero-wip

Here is my progress on the main character model for my shooter game. There are some minor UV glitches on the wings but I should have them fixed soon.

3d model, 3d modeling, alptraum, art, creatures, indie games, leviathan, monsters

Monster Revised (Leviathan Game)

scorpian monster with claws and death

Update: After inserting the monster into the game, he was a bit too hard to see, so I went back to his purple coloring.

If you like to rotate this 3d model at all angles, you can view it on p3d.in : https://p3d.in/Cv7rb

I have revised the monster a third time. When inserting the monster into the game, the bright colors didn’t match the atmosphere of the game. I added some more clamps and gave him a poisonous stinger. This is the benefit of modular design. It took only an hour and a half to implement these changes. The only disadvantage of modular design is hiding the seams where the polygons connect. That’s where using a singular mesh has it’s advantage, but just try to add more polygons to a mesh that has already has uvs. It’s a nightmare.

3d modeling, Alex and Cruz Project, anthro, anthro dragon, art, artwork, CGI, dragon, dragons, humaiod, humaniod

Chris The Dragon 3d Model (hopefully) final revision

anthro dragon 3d cartoon wearing a hoodie reptile horns goat male psynomum alter ego actor

I thought we where ready last weekend to begin ‘Jed and Dean’ which is going be a joint animation/web comic project between between me and my friend Jed.  I started some lip sync tests to find out that Chris’s mouth with the beak on the end would not work. so I had to totally redesign his muzzle so he could actually speak. Chris looks a little different with a more streamlined muzzle and friendlier eyes,  now his facial expressions are much more readable.  In hindsight I kinda wished I picked a different creature for my character role. I spent around 60 hours on Chris’s 3d model and about the same for Jed

Update: I tried to make a twitter account for Chris the Dragon, and install a cool app where he would answer any questions a tweeter would give him but I couldn’t get it to work.

3d art, 3d characters, 3d modeling, Alex and Cruz Project, angry, anthro dragon, anthropomorph, anthropomorphic, Carrara, comics, Daz Studio, dragon, funny animals, gryphon, hexagon, toons, unicorn, web comic

Dean and Jed 3d Models Progress so far.

animated dragon cartoon with unicorns unicorn jed anthro unicorn

I obsessively continue to work on my models for my web comic / animation project ‘Jed and Dean’. I exaggerated the body forms to be more cartoon like. I wanted them to look more like funny animals and less like petting zoo people,  so I removed the pants from the models and made the lower portion animal like (a common design for funny animals).  Made custom clothes for both characters, there is still some errors in the clothes but I will tweak them out eventually. Dean’s legs and hip need some tweaking. Jed’s collar needs minor repairs. I’ve also started two extra characters. Meho the gryphon and Maggie the dragon, they also need some more tweaking. Since realism is not what I’m aiming at, the models will mostly remain gradient shaded with few textures. Dean and Jed are are at a state where I can start making comics but I haven’t decided if I would be toon shading them (only if I can find a good shader), drawing by hand and using them as reference models, or just using them as-is. I also will do some animation experiments before event attempting a short.

Created in Carrara (figures, and accessories) , Hexagon (figures and clothing) and Daz Studio (posing and attaching clothing to figures, taking figures and morphing it into the model)

Time spent so far: Around 30+ hours.