Concept art for the desert area of Project Night. I had this idea of these giant creepy stone monster statues littering the desertscape. 3 hours in Photoshop.
Now that I’ve finished modeling the walls, it’s time to make the floors and ceilings + the props to dress the scene. I will be uploading the walls in a couple hours.
Although I haven’t been able to post for the past few days, I have been very busy on the Leviathan game. The two main buildings have been completed. I have the main layout completed for the island. Now what’s left is some polish. There still is some scripting and animation to do. I composed the game music which is more atmospheric then melodic. I need to get it done by the 6th so I can submit it and promote it a little. It’s been a busy two weeks. I’m praying I can complete this by the deadline.
The monster is getting there, I just need to clean up some texture spots. I made the creature modular so parts can be added and removed with ease. I did this so if I wanted to expand the game afterwards, I can make monster variations. A similar idea for the building will be used. I spent about ten hours to twelve on the model.
It’s ready to be animated. I did some tests and was successful in getting my animated monster into the game engine:
I know that doesn’t sound impressive, but took me a couple hours due to an issue with the engine reading the files from my modeling software. However the same model file popped into Unity with ease. Go figure.
Here are some more screenshots: