Yay. I made it to 20 days in a row. I decided to draw a unicorn. I’m not happy with it.
Farley the unicorn is finally finished. I thought Farley’s face and coloring was making him resemble more of a rhino than a horse. So I remodeled the face to look like a horse. Recreated the tail and horn. changed fur color to gray and painted the textures onto him. I love the look of gray horses with the dark coloring around the muzzle so I included that in his design. Jed is much easier to creative expressions due to his mouth range being in front of the muzzle.
I can finally start ‘Dean and Jed’ (or ‘Jed and Dean’, I haven’t decided which sounds better) I’m keeping it at a two character cast for a while, later I will create a stock sheep character that I can morph into other sheep characters for extras in scenes. I start cranking out something on March 4.
But I have been putting my concept art training on the back burner so I will be working on that for a while. I still have 19 heads to draw *withers in fear*
Total time spent creating Jed: 25 hours.
Created in Carrara, Hexagon, and Daz Studio
Remember I said I would be starting a web comic starting February. A comic set int the modern World but with legendary creatures instead of humans. I’m late. I decided to create the comic with CGI instead of vector graphics. I used the Genesis model as a base and heavily modified it in Carrara for both models. It took around 12 hours for both models. It would of taken weeks doing it by scratch. This allows me to have a fully rigged and expression morphed character much quicker then starting from scratch. The feet still need to be modified.
I was more detailed in my process of making these models but since WordPress totally wrote over my draft with that of the woman portrait. I do not feel liking typing it all over again.